At DJC Law, we respect and admire those who have dedicated their lives to protecting and serving our country. We are a Veteran Owned Law Firm and Dan Christensen is a Veteran who served in the Army. This scholarship was created to continue our mission in helping honor and give back to those who have bravely serve this country as well as recognize their service.
Service members selflessly give back to our country for freedom and justice. We admire their courage and would like to give financial support to those who fight for us. We also understand that COVID has recently added financial difficulties to many individuals so we hope to help further someone’s education.
For this scholarship, we are asking applicants to write a 750-1000 word essay describing why they decided to join the military, who helped them get to where they are now, and what motivates them?
Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. The award will be given to the person who answers the response above.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia for the 2023 semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1000 word essay response to the prompt: The military men and women of this country volunteer to protect and serve. Please write an essay describing why you decided to join the military, who helped you get to where you are now, and what motivates you.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Honor A Hero Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by May 31, 2023.