San Marcos’s bustling roads see a constant flow of commercial trucks and vehicles, making the potential for truck accidents an unfortunate reality. From their sheer size and weight to the complex regulations governing their operation, commercial trucks pose unique risks.
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident in San Marcos, you need the DC Law team of experienced San Marcos truck accident lawyers to navigate what comes next.
At DC Law, we understand a truck accident’s profound impact on your life – physically, emotionally, and financially. We can serve as a steadfast ally during your recovery process.
As seasoned truck accident lawyers, we have witnessed firsthand the complexities involved in these cases, and we are here to guide you through every step of the way. With a deep understanding of the legal intricacies and a passion for justice, our firm is ready to fight tirelessly to protect your rights and recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose DC Law Firm
At DC Law, we understand the unique challenges that truck accident victims and their families face after a devastating accident. As a veteran-owned firm, we bring a deep sense of commitment, dedication, and discipline to every case we handle.
With over 80 years of combined experience, our accomplished attorneys have secured over $50 million in compensation for personal injury victims and their families. Our track record speaks to our unwavering determination to achieve justice and provide the support you deserve.
Our client-centric approach never leaves you in the dark – we prioritize regular updates and clear explanations of the legal process to keep you well-informed every step of the way.
As experienced legal advocates, we understand the complexities of truck accidents and the unique needs of those affected. With a proven history of results and a commitment to personalized attention, our San Marcos truck accident lawyers are dedicated to securing the compensation you deserve so you can rebuild your life.
Our recent successes include:
- $2.25 million settlement for a trucking accident
- $2 million for a grieving family who lost their loved one due to the negligence of a commercial truck driver and company. The family received $1,444,071.21 after attorney fees, medical liens, and expenses.
- $1.3 million for a young motorist involved in a head-on collision who sustained neck and head injuries.
- $760,000 for a woman rear-ended by a delivery van, suffering severe injuries to her neck and back. Our qualified personal injury attorneys settled for almost the entire remaining policy limits available. We also negotiated the medical liens down so that she received $391,461.82 after attorney fees, medical liens, and case expenses.
- $685,000 for a client involved in a trucking collision who suffered neck, back, and head injuries. His net recovery was $164,451.47 after attorney fees, medical liens, and expenses.
Our San Marcos office is conveniently located off North I-35 Frontage Road:
2575 North IH 35
San Marcos, TX 78666
Truck Accident Compensation
While every case is unique, several considerations play a crucial role in determining truck accident compensation:
One primary factor in calculating compensation is the extent of medical expenses incurred due to the accident. This includes immediate medical bills and ongoing treatment, rehabilitation, and potential future medical needs related to the injuries sustained in the accident.
Lost Wages and Earning Capacity
Compensation may cover lost income during the recovery period if the victim cannot work due to the injuries sustained in the truck accident. Additionally, if the injuries result in a reduced earning capacity, compensation may account for the potential income the victim should have earned if not for the accident.
Pain and Suffering
The physical and emotional pain endured due to the accident is a critical factor in compensation. The pain and suffering category considers the hardships caused by injuries, the impact on the victim’s quality of life, and the psychological toll of the accident.
Compensation should also include the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property, such as your vehicle or personal belongings.
Permanent Disfigurement or Disability
If the accident leads to permanent disfigurement or disability, compensation may account for the long-term impact on the victim’s life, including the emotional and psychological challenges they may face.
The insurance policies of the parties involved, including the truck driver, trucking company, and others, will play a role in determining the available compensation.
Truck accident compensation can vary widely based on the specific circumstances of each case. A skilled San Marcos truck accident attorney can accurately assess the value of your claim and ensure you receive the rightful compensation to cover your losses and facilitate your recovery.
Where Do Truck Accidents Occur in San Marcos?
Truck accidents can occur on any public or private road in and around San Marcos.
Common places for these types of accidents include:
- Highway 80
- Highway 123
- Highway 21
- Interstate 35 and its frontage roads
- Old RR 22
Truck Accident Claims
Types of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur in various ways due to road conditions, weather, driver behavior, and mechanical failures.
Some common types of truck accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents occur when a truck crashes into the back of another vehicle. Sudden stops, tailgating, distracted driving, or impaired visibility can contribute to rear-end collisions.
- Jackknife accidents: A jackknife accident happens when the trailer of a truck swings outward, forming a 90-degree angle with the cab. Frequently, this happens if a truck’s wheels lock up, causing it to skid out of control. Jackknife accidents can result in multi-vehicle collisions, blocking entire roadways.
- Underride accidents: An underride accident occurs when a smaller vehicle slides under the rear or side of a truck, usually due to sudden stops or collisions. These accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities for smaller vehicle occupants.
- Blind spot collisions: Large trucks have significant blind spots on their sides and rear. Accidents can occur when smaller vehicles linger in these blind spots and the truck changes lanes or turns without noticing them.
- Wide turn accidents: Trucks require a wider turning radius than smaller vehicles. During a wide turn, a truck’s trailer can swing into adjacent lanes, potentially colliding with vehicles traveling alongside or attempting to pass the truck.
- Rollover accidents: Rollover accidents happen when a truck’s tires lose traction, causing it to tip over. These accidents can occur on sharp turns, uneven road surfaces, or due to speeding. Trucks’ higher centers of gravity also contribute to these accidents, especially if workers do not load the truck properly.
Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can cause severe injuries due to their sheer size and force:
- Whiplash and neck injuries: Sudden impact or collision can cause the head to jerk forcefully, leading to neck strains, sprains, and whiplash.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Truck accidents can cause herniated discs, fractures, and spinal cord injuries that may result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can occur if the head strikes an object or surface during the accident, leading to concussions or more severe brain damage.
- Broken bones: The force of impact in truck accidents can result in broken bones, fractures, and crush injuries to limbs, ribs, and pelvis.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma can lead to internal injuries like organ damage, internal bleeding, and damage to blood vessels.
- Lacerations and abrasions: Broken glass, metal, and debris from the accident can cause cuts, bruises, and abrasions to the skin.
- Burn injuries: Truck accidents involving fires or hazardous materials can cause burn injuries ranging from minor to severe.
- Soft tissue injuries: Ligaments, tendons, and muscles can be strained, torn, or sprained due to the impact of a truck accident.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Truck Accident
Battling insurance companies alone after a truck accident can prove overwhelming and challenging. It’s an arduous and frustrating process for injured truck accident victims and their families seeking fair compensation.
Here’s a glimpse of the hurdles you might encounter when navigating this journey without the assistance of a San Marcos truck accident:
- Complex legal procedures: Navigating the legal aspects of a truck accident claim involves intricate procedures, deadlines, and paperwork. Insurance companies are well-versed in exploiting any procedural errors or missed deadlines to potentially undermine your case.
- Unequal power dynamics: Insurance companies hold significant resources and employ teams of adjusters and legal professionals focused on minimizing their payouts. Level the playing field and hire your own legal representation.
- Evasive tactics: Insurance companies might employ various tactics to devalue or deny your claim, including attempting to shift blame onto you or downplaying the severity of your injuries. They may even use your statements against you, ruining your chances of receiving fair compensation.
- Lowball offers: Insurance companies frequently offer much lower initial settlements than you may need to cover medical expenses, lost income, and other damages. They hope that the financial strain of the accident will lead you to accept these offers right away before you hire an attorney out of desperation.
In the face of these challenges, seek the assistance of a knowledgeable San Marcos truck accident attorney.
What to Do After a Truck Accident?
While you may have already sought medical aid, several additional fundamental steps can fortify your case and ensure you secure the rightful compensation you deserve:
Follow Your Treatment Plan
Adhering to your doctor’s treatment regimen holds utmost importance. Consistently attending appointments, undergoing recommended procedures, and taking prescribed medications expedite your recovery and establish a comprehensive medical record that substantiates your claim.
Document All Expenses
Thoroughly catalog every expense connected to your accident and subsequent recovery. Maintain a careful record of medical bills, prescription expenses, costs incurred for rehabilitation, and any other out-of-pocket disbursements stemming from the accident. These receipts serve as tangible evidence of the financial toll arising from the accident.
Maintain a Detailed Journal
Chronicle your pain levels, emotional battles, and the far-reaching impact of your injuries on your day-to-day existence. This intimately personal record provides valuable, persuasive evidence of your pain and suffering, offering poignant insight into your recovery journey.
Obtain Comprehensive Accident Reports
The accident report is an essential document that provides crucial insights into the accident’s specifics. From contributing factors to road conditions and the statements of involved parties, this report is a trove of pertinent details. You can typically obtain a copy from the law enforcement agency that responded to the accident.
Collaborate With Your Attorney
Once you’ve compiled your medical records, receipts, journal entries, and accident reports, provide them to your attorney. Armed with these materials, your attorney can construct a compelling argument on your behalf, advocating for the rightful compensation you deserve.
DC Law is Here to Protect Your Rights After Your Truck Accident
At DC Law, we focus on championing the rights of truck accident victims like you. Our seasoned San Marcos truck attorneys are dedicated to guiding you through the intricate legal labyrinth, equipped with the resources and skills to counter insurance company tactics and secure full and fair compensation.
By partnering with our accomplished team, you can confidently pursue the compensation you deserve while focusing on your journey to recovery.
Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation, and allow us to steer you toward a successful resolution. You can reach us at
(512) 888-9999 or online.